Juventus Transfer News Roundup: Nedved Talks Cristiano Ronaldo, Manuel Locatelli, and More | July 15th, 2021

|

Pavel Nedved, the vice-chairman of Juventus, has spoken out about Cristiano Ronaldo’s future at the club. The future of the Portuguese superstar is unknown, but the club expects him to report for pre-season training in the coming week.

Nedved also confirmed Juventus’ stance on Manuel Locatelli’s deal from Sassuolo. The midfielder is one of Massimiliano Allegri’s primary goals this summer, but the club is having difficulty closing the deal.

With that said, here is the most recent transfer news involving Juventus on July 15th, 2021.

Nedved expects Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Juventus

football
Cristiano Ronaldo in action for Portugal

With Cristiano Ronaldo’s future at Juventus unknown, Pavel Nedved went out of his way to clarify the forward’s situation at the club.

According to Football Italia, Nedved told DAZN that Cristiano Ronaldo has not yet decided on his future at the club. He stated:

“Ronaldo is on vacation right now; we haven’t received any indication that he is leaving Juventus; we’re waiting for him, and he’ll be back around July 25.”

Nedved coy on Locatelli transfer

football
Locatelli celebrating Italy’s Euro 2020 win

Nedved was also questioned about Juventus’ prospective transfer of Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli. Max Allegri’s top aim this summer has been to sign the Italian. Nedved, on the other hand, refused to comment on the matter. He stated:

“He is a Sassuolo player, and we will discuss this later. We didn’t want to bother him while he was watching the Euros.”

Locatelli was a member of Roberto Mancini’s Italy squad that won Euro 2020. The midfielder is also said to be in advanced discussions with Arsenal in the Premier League.

Fiorentina set asking price for Dusan Vlahovic

football
Vlahovic in action for Fiorentina

Fiorentina are said to have fixed a price for Juventus target Dusan Vlahovic. The striker enjoyed a breakout season in 2020-21 and is at the top of Max Allegri’s list of possible attacking reinforcements this summer.

Fiorentina have previously rejected a €40 million approach from Premier League club Tottenham, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport via Tuttomercatoweb. According to the allegation, La Viola will only split ways with Vlahovic for €60 million.

Juventus have also been linked with a deal for Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus, but Allegri is said to prefer Vlahovic because of his Serie A experience.




Leave a reply